Email application to mitzineVOL11@gmail.com by 4pm on April 8th.
Interviews will be taking place on April 9th and 10th.
You will be contacted with your interview time on April 8th.
“You never need an argument against the use of violence, you need an argument for it.” (Noam Chomsky)
Whether you have contributed to previous issues or not, the mitZine Volume 11 wants you.
You may apply for max 2 of the following positions: Managing, Editorial, Graphics.
The mitZine Managing Editor will work with the Editor-in-Chief to lead a dedicated Editorial team and a pool of passionate contributors. Must be a strong leader and writer with a keen eye for detail and a wealth of ideas for furthering the mitZine‘s reputation on campus.
After the success of the mitZine Online, the Web Editor position will continue next year, but the mitZine Editorial Team is changing. We are now looking for section editors to lead an exciting new phase of mitZine content. The members of the Editorial Team will work with volunteers and staff writers to produce quality content for their respective sections. Editors must be detail-oriented writers who can come up with fresh and exciting story ideas.
WEB (mitZine Online content)
A&E (arts, entertainment, technology, culture)
WESTERN LIFE (FIMS, student life, university politics)
WORLD (Canada and the world, politics, economics)
The Graphics Editor will work with the Editorial team and lead a group of creative volunteers to ensure all articles have quality supporting graphics and that both the print and online versions of the mitZine look as stunning as possible. Will layout the articles and graphics in the mitZine. Must be familiar with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
Part I: Who are you?
Please provide the following:
- Your name
- Positions you are applying for
- (If Editorial Team, rank your top 3)
- Preferred e-mail address and phone number
- Availability on April 9th and 10th for 15-minute interview
Part II: Why are you here?
- Why do you want the position you are applying for, and what relevant experience do you have?
- In your opinion, what is/should be the purpose of the mitZine?
- What do you think the mitZine needs to do better and how would you go about fixing it?
- Editorial Team and Managing Editor ONLY:
- Write a 75-100 word blurb arguing for the use of violence (See above quote)
- Include a sample of relevant previous work (essay, review, article, etc.)
- Graphics Editor ONLY:
- Choose a graphic from one of this year’s issues and redo it. Give examples as to why you believe it was a poor graphic. Attach new graphic as jpg.
- Include a sample of relevant previous work (yearbook spread, illustration, etc.)
Email application to mitzineVOL11@gmail.com by 4pm on April 8th
If you have any questions, please direct them to email@example.com